New Community, New stuff, new blog. And if you’re anything like me, you’ll find stuff very confusing. It’s a LOT different from the old forum you once love. So, here’s the break down of everything you need to know.
First off, let’s talk about the blog itself…
The blog is now the mainsite of Life-Remixed.com. I taken the task of being a blogger and thus, topics of interest that matches the theme of the site will be up. Some taken from other websites (links, videos), others are original posts. You can post comments on entries, throwing in your own two cents. If you are a My.Life-Remixed.com member, make sure to insert your password so that your profile is link up!
Speaking of My.Life-Remixed.com, that’s the second part of the website.
My.Life-Remixed.com really goes to a site powered by Ning.com. Eventually, My.Life-Remixed.com will be the name of it. For now, it’s a redirect.
My.Life-Remixed.com is not just a forum, but a whole Social Network. In other words, anything you can do on MySpace and Facebook, you can definitely do here. So that includes:
- Make friends within My.Life-Remixed.com
- Upload Videos & Photos
- Create Blog Entries
- Give your profile a little flavor (working on making the logo a bit better)
- Create Groups
- And of course, post up new forum topics.
Now, there are a few major changes to the forum discussion boards. One, certain boards are no longer in the forum. Here’s why:
- News & Updates – This is really news about the site. This section’s is now called “Internal Dialogs” on this blog.
Since site updates will always be posted on the blog, I don’t see a reason for it to be repeated there.Actually, I will be posting a forum called “Announcements”. Not everyone is going to look at the blog for news updates, so repeating it may not be a bad idea.
- The Boondocks Fan Sub-boards – The Boondocks Fan forum is in there, but none of the Sub-Boards made it. This is due to the limitation of the forum structure. But when you really think about it, that’s not really needed either.
- WHA?!?!? – These posts can go into the “Mixing Pot”. Plus, this Board was not really the most popular of the forum. I doubt you’ll miss it.
- Productive Tactics Sub-Boards – No one really know what this is yet. This will be explored. Sub-Boards are not needed.
- “Striply Drama” Discussion – I know what you’re thinking… and no, the comic is not dead. Just the discussion board for now. Instead, it will be a “group” within My.Life-Remixed.com. And that group will be up once I get an artist for the comic.
- I-Net Flicks – There is now a video section on the forum where you can throw up Video links to your favorite videos. It will also be in rotation throughout My.Life-Remixed.com and people can talk about the video posted. So, no need for this anymore.
- Hall Of Fame – With the old forum, I have to delete old discussions and keep the rather interesting ones. But with this new platform, there’s no need to delete the old discussions. However, there will still be moderators to make sure there is a little order to the chaos.
Also, some other notable changes:
- New Forums are empty.
- Blog posts are updated immediately on My.Life-Remixed.com
- Post Counts/Levels no Longer exist.
- The posts in the forums will look a lot different.
- Polls cannot be used in Posts (actually, they can, they just work different)
- Oh, and if you are really, really slow… everyone starts fresh.
Well, this about covers it. You can post comments below if you have any questions, compliments or complaints. And while I know some features you are so used to are now gone, remember, this is a new year, and a new site! Let’s start fresh, people!
Edit: (January 6, 11:44 PM) – I just want to make one small note. I added to the original post that I-Net Flicks is now “Videos” and that you can create groups. Finally, I decided to add “Announcements” after all.
There’s a lot more you can do with My.Life-Remixed.com, but for now, I’ll just leave it for your own discovery.