As an artist myself, I know how hard it is to get that much needed publicity. So, I’m aiming to help out my fellow artists. As I’m promoting myself (which includes my business, my blog, and so on), I will be posting a mixture of my stuff, major labels, indie labels… and maybe even your stuff. I’m getting those invites… ya know, going places. I would like to take you with me.
I can’t promise I’ll convert 2 million people, but I can at least give you an honest review, which you can use in your blog posts.
Of course, since now I’m asking for music, it can easily turn into a spam problem. I should know. On myspace, I get musicians that wants me to listen to them… every… single… day. It’s almost a problem. So, I’m going to lay down a few rules. Follow the rules, and I won’t have to press delete. So, you’re ready?
- Use the dropbox, which can be found in one of the sidebars. Or use this link.
- Send me an e-mail by click on the Contact link on the top and filling out the information. Upload your music to drop.io and send me a link. If you want to use another upload service, it’s fine, but if I have to fight the service, I will not download it. (Thus the reason I suggest you use what I use)
- Make sure you have a web site or some page that people can go to… in public. How am I suppose to promote you if you don’t have a place to go to?
- I am not radio, so radio edits are not needed. However, it’s best if you send me your best work first. I wanted to be floored during the first few minutes.
- I can’t promise that I will reply to all messages, but I can at least acknowledge that I got your material. If I like what I hear, I may request more from you. Otherwise, take the first e-mail as an acknowledgement and not as a “thanks by no thanks” e-mail.
- Send your tracks only once. If you need acknowledgement that I receive your tracks and have not heard back, just send me an e-mail (via contact).
- Lastly, sending repeats and harassing me, or making threating comments will not only make you foolish, but will blacklist you. Definately, not a good look. So, play nice.
- I can withdraw this offer at anytime, especially if you don’t play nice. So don’t spoil it.
- It should go without saying, but you should own the music copyrights. If it’s your own remixes, it should be the remixer sending it or someone else on his behave with his acknowledgement. If you are a label submitting on the artist behave, please say so.
So, what am I looking for?
- Hip-Hop (Especially if you are a thought provoker)
- Combo of such…
- … or anything black related (Let’s see if I get Grime or Jazz. I hope I do.)
What I will not look at:
RAP – As in heartless, let me get money, mindless nig*** talk punk sh*t!
Or country… unless you’re really good at converting me.
(So, that should eliminate about 80% of you)
If you are pick to be review, I will contact you and let you know. Also, please let me know if you don’t mind me sharing your music with the visitors (chances are, you don’t, but I just want to make sure).
So… let’s see how this goes.